What is .NET?
.NET is an open-source developer platform, designed by Microsoft, to build different types of applications. .NET apps in C#, F# or Visual Basic can be easily written.
Software for business
Web API's for browsers and mobile devices.
Create independently deployable microservices.
With .NET, you can use multiple languages, editors, and libraries to build for web, mobile, desktop, games, and IoT.
- C# is a simple, modern, object-oriented, and type-safe programming language.
- F# is a cross-platform, open-source, functional programming language for .NET. It also includes object-oriented and imperative programming.
- Visual Basic is an approachable language with a simple syntax for building type-safe, object-oriented apps.
.NET Core is a cross-platform .NET implementation for websites, servers, and console apps on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
.NET makes it easy to :
- Build desktop apps (UWP, WPF, Windows Forms).
- Build web apps with Angular/React/Vue.
- Create RESTful services also known as web APIs.
- Develop games and UWP applications on Xbox One.