NET is an open-source developer platform, created by Microsoft, for building many different types of applications. You can write .NET apps in C#, F#, or Visual Basic. .NET is a free, cross-platform, open-source developer platform for building many different types of applications.
Software for business
Web API's for browsers and mobile devices.
Create independently deployable microservices.
With .NET, you can use multiple languages, editors, and libraries to build for web, mobile, desktop, games, and IoT.
- C# is a simple, modern, object-oriented, and type-safe programming language.
- F# is a cross-platform, open-source, functional programming language for .NET. It also includes object-oriented and imperative programming.
- Visual Basic is an approachable language with a simple syntax for building type-safe, object-oriented apps.
- .NET Core is a cross-platform .NET implementation for websites, servers, and console apps on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
.Net makes it easy to :
- Build desktop apps (UWP, WPF, Windows Forms).
- Building web apps with Angular/React/Vue.
- Creating RESTful services also known as web APIs.
- Develop games and UWP applications on Xbox One.